Jan. 18, 2005
The University of Iowa Athletics Department seeks applications for Head Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving Coach/Director of Aquatics.
Responsibilities: This position has primary responsibility for all phases of coaching and organizing a competitive and successful Division I men's and women's swimming & diving program within the NCAA and Big Ten Conference. The responsibilities include:
1. Assessing, identifying and recruiting of qualified student-athletes.
2. Developing plans for the season including competitive schedule, scheduling of facilities, practice schedules and training and conditioning programs.
3. Providing leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes.
4. Preparing budget recommendations and managing of budget.
5. Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the University community and its various constituents.
6. Adhering to all rules and regulations of the University, Big Ten Conference and NCAA.
7. Performing other duties as assigned.
8. Work with various campus constituents (faculty, coaches, student groups and community) to schedule times for pool use.
9. Hire, train and assign lifeguards to cover activities scheduled in the pool area.
10. Pursue major swimming events to be scheduled at various times to generate revenue for the facility.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required; Master's degree preferred. Required qualifications include: demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules, a proven commitment to high ethical standards and academics, excellent organizational and administrative skills, superior knowledge of the techniques and strategies of the sport, success in recruiting student-athletes to a swimming program committed to athletic excellence, and superior communication and public relations skills. Preferred qualifications include: NCAA Division I head coaching experience and a minimum of three years successful intercollegiate coaching (assistant coaches from highly successful programs are encouraged to apply).
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, 12-month appointment. Starting date is negotiable.
Application Process: Submit a letter of application and resume, plus phone numbers of five references to: Jane C. Meyer, Department of Athletics, The University of Iowa, 340 Carver-Hawkeye Arena, Iowa City, IA 52242 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening to begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
The University of Iowa is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.