June 22, 2010
The University of Iowa Athletics Department seeks applications for head softball coach.
Responsibilities: This position has primary responsibility for all phases of coaching and organizing a competitive and successful Division I softball program within the NCAA and Big Ten Conference. The responsibilities include:
1. Assessing, identifying and recruiting qualified student-athletes.
2. Developing plans for the season including competitive schedule, scheduling of facilities, practice schedules and training and conditioning programs.
3. Hiring, supervising, and evaluating of the softball staff.
4. Providing leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes.
5. Preparing budget recommendations and managing of budget.
6. Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the University community and its various constituents. 7. Adhering to all rules and regulations of the University, Big Ten Conference and NCAA.
8. Performing other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent); demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and adherence to regulatory expectations; a proven commitment to high ethical standards and academics; excellent organizational and administrative skills; superior knowledge of the techniques and strategies of the sport; demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse environment; success in recruiting high-caliber student-athletes to a softball program committed to athletic excellence; and superior communication and public relations skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree; NCAA Division I head coaching experience and a minimum of five years successful intercollegiate coaching at a NCAA Division I institution. Assistant coaches from highly successful programs and individuals with equivalent instructional and administrative experience are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates that can most effectively meet the recruiting and development needs of the softball program. Successful Division I experience at a major conference institution is highly desirable.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, 12-month appointment. Starting date is negotiable.
Application Procedure: To apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #58093. Only applications submitted at http://jobs.uiowa.edu will be considered. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.