The 2010 Iowa Cheerleading and Dance Team Championships will be staged Feb. 13 in Iowa's Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
Dec. 23, 2009
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Coaches of high school and collegiate cheerleading and dance teams are invited to participate in the 2010 University of Iowa Cheerleading / Dance Team Championships at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Saturday, Feb. 13.
Doors to the Arena will open at 1 p .m. with competition beginning at 2 p.m. Spectators should enter the South Entrance of the Arena. Competitors should enter at the East Entrance. Concessions stands and spirit sales items will be available for purchase throughout the day.
What makes the University of Iowa Cheerleading / Dance Team Championships great? Here's a short list for coaches to consider:
- Price - Only $100 per routine - this is the most affordable competition around
- Awards - Every participant receives an award. Placement and Grand Champ trophies will be bigger this year
- Warm-Ups - Two warm-up stations for both cheer and dance teams. Matted area for cheer
- Assistance - With over 50 Iowa Spirit Squad members, someone is there for you
- Parking - Plenty of parking around the arena, enough for 15,000 at basketball games
- Opportunities - School Teams, All-Star Teams, Partner Stunts, even Mascots
- Spectators - Entertainment for spectators throughout the day, as we alternate cheer and dance teams there is always something going on. $5 spectator fee paid at the door
- Hotels - If your team would like to come the night before there are plenty of hotels, restaurants and places to visit in the Iowa City / Coralville area. Check out iowacitycoralville.org for details.
Coaches requiring additional information should call the Gregg Niemec or Jenny Eustice at (319) 335-9251. The can also contact the event's co-directors at by e-mail at email@example.com.
Additional information about the event including registration and participant release forms are available by clicking HERE.