Purchase your 2004 Iowa Football tickets online
Hawkeye Express Location Map in PDF format
Download Free Acrobat Reader
- 115 uniform sets - helmets, jerseys and pants - were created specifically for the Throwback Game for use by the 2004 Iowa Hawkeyes. All uniform sets available for purchase were sold in 13 days at a cost of $500 per uniform set.
- 60 uniform sets - jerseys and pants - were created specifically for the Throwback Game for use by the 2004 Kent State Golden Flashes. The University of Iowa continues to market Kent State University Throwback Game uniforms.
- 4,000 imitation black fedoras will be distributed to media, guests at the National I-Club's 2004 Golden Hawk reception, and other friends and fans of the Iowa Hawkeyes.
- 35,000 imitation straw hats will be distributed to spectators attending the Throwback Game as they entered historic Kinnick Stadium.
- 50,000 souvenir game ticket sleeves will be distributed to spectators as they entered historic Kinnick Stadium.
- Two barber shop quartets will entertain fans in the parking lots adjacent to historic Kinnick Stadium for the two hours prior to kickoff.
- Throwback Game uniforms were created for the following groups will have worked the Throwback Game: Game officials, "Chain Gang," ball boys, select team managers, souvenir program vendors and event volunteers responsible for pre-game distribution of Throwback Game-themed items.
- The four banners that read "Throwback Game" and were installed on the east and west facades of historic Kinnick Stadium measure 5-feet tall by 67-feet long. The banners will be available for purchase by the general public.
- The four banners that read "Iowa vs. Kent State" and were installed on the north and south facades of historic Kinnick Stadium measure 16-feet wide by 15-feet tall. The banners will be available for purchase by the general public.
- The red-white-and-blue bunting attached to the Throwback Game banners on the façade of historic Kinnick Stadium was provided to the UI by the Iowa Cubs and will be used by that organization at the game to be played Monday in Des Moines.
- The playing field was painted on Thursday and Friday by UI Athletic Department staff. It is intended to meet the needs of college football in the 2000s while giving the appearance of a playing field in the 1930s.
- The Throwback Game is a sold out event. Here's a look at the attendance at the home opener for previous 15 seasons.
Aug. 30, 2003
Miami Ohio (54,128)
Aug. 31, 2002
Sept. 1, 2001
Kent State (56,091)
Sept. 9, 2000
Western Michigan (55,560)
Sept. 4, 1999
Sept. 5, 1998
Central Michigan (58,920)
Sept. 6, 1997
Northern Iowa (66,325)
Sept. 7, 1996
Sept. 9, 1995
Northern Iowa (70,369)
Sept. 3, 1994
Central Michigan (66,520)
Sept. 4, 1993
Sept. 5, 1992
Miami Florida (70,397)
Sept. 7, 1991
Sept. 15, 1990
Sept. 16, 1989