|Big Ten||Tickets||Schedule||Facilities||Format||Media Info|
Friday, March 24, 2006
|5:30 p.m.||Doors Open to Public|
|5:45 p.m.||Timed Warm-ups Begin|
|6:50 p.m.||Timed Warm-ups End, Floor Cleared, Line up for march-in|
|7:10 p.m.||Team and All-Around Competition Begins|
**A trophy will be presented to the Team Champion following the competition. The top six finishers in the all-around competition will be recognized with the top three finishers receiving medals.
Saturday, March 25, 2006
|5:30 p.m.||Doors Open to Public|
|6:50 p.m.||Warm-ups End, Floor Cleared, Line up for march-in|
|7:05 p.m.||Recognition of Team Champion and Top 6 All-Around Finishers|
|7:10 p.m.||Individual Event Finals Begin|
**Award Ceremonies after the first 2 events, after the 3rd & 4th events and at the end (final 2 events).
Opening ceremonies for each session shall begin at 7:00 p.m. and competition shall start at 7:10 p.m.
Friday Timed Warm-up Rotation: Warm-ups begin on Friday with an open stretch at 4:45 p.m. followed by timed warm-ups at 5:45 p.m. as follows:
|5:45 - 5:55 p.m.||MN||IOWA||OSU||MICH||PSU||ILL.|
|5:56 - 6:06 p.m.||ILL.||MN||IOWA||OSU||MICH||PSU|
|6:07 - 6:17 p.m.||PSU||ILL.||MN||IOWA||OSU||MICH|
|6:18 - 6:28 p.m.||MICH||PSU||ILL.||MN||IOWA||OSU|
|6:29 - 6:39 p.m.||OSU||MICH||PSU||ILL.||MN||IOWA|
|6:40 - 6:50 p.m.||IOWA||OSU||MICH||PSU||ILL.||MN|
Team and All-Around Competition - Friday, March 24, 2006
- Competition on all six events shall take place simultaneously. There shall be two judges per event. No other events shall be held the day of team competition.
- Following the completion of each round of competition during the team competition, the announcer will have the teams rotate to their next event one minute after the score has been flashed for the final performance of that rotation.
- The host team during the Big Ten Championships march-in will be the last team in the processional.
Individual Event Finals - Saturday, March 25, 2006
- Two events shall be conducted simultaneously, with performers alternating. Event pairings are floor exercise and pommel horse; still rings and vaulting; parallel bars and horizontal bar. There shall be a minimum of six judges per event.
- The eight highest individual scores on each apparatus from the team competition shall advance to the event finals. Ties shall all advance. A first alternate (and possibly second) shall be selected in case of injury.
- The order for competition of individual finalists is determined by two independent draws:
- A random draw among the top four scores
- A random draw among the bottom four scores
- Concessions - Concessions will be available for purchase at Carver Hawkeye Arena.
- Parking - The day of competition, spectators may park to the South, East and West of Carver Hawkeye Arena.
- Programs - Championship programs will be on sale for $2.00
- Banned Items - The following items may not be brought into the arena by patrons: Bags of any size including backpacks, alcoholic beverages, bottles, cans, cups or containers, irritants or strobe lights. The management administrators are responsible for determining whether a specific item represents an "irritant" to other patrons and whether it should be prohibited.
A limited supply of 2006 Big Ten Championship long sleeve and short sleeve t-shirts will be for sale at the competition site. The cost is $25 and $20 respectively.
- The all-around title shall be determined by adding the six optional scores together.
- The team title shall be determined according to NCAA rules. Six gymnasts per team may compete, with the top four scores counting towards the team score.
- Scores for the individual finals shall be from that day's competition only. Scores are not carried over from the team competition.
- Credentials - All members of the media interested in covering the 2006 Big Ten Men' s Gymnastics Championships should contact Tony Wirt, Iowa Sports Information, at 319-335-9268.
- Results - The results of the 2006 Big Ten Men's Gymnastics Championships will be posted on the University of Iowa Athletics website at www.hawkeyesports.com and also on the Big Ten Conference website www.bigten.org. Live scoring will also be available on both sites. If you would like results faxed or e-mailed, please contact Tony Wirt.
Tickets - Tickets can be purchased by contacting the Hawkeye Ticket Office at 1-800-IA- HAWKS, Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or online at www.hawkeyesports.com
- Ticket Prices:
- Two-Day Public - $12
- Two-Day Senior/Student - $8
- Two-Day Group (25+) - $5
- Single Day Public - $7
- Single Day Student/Senior - $5
- Single Day Group (25+) - $3
North, South and West doors will open 1½ hours prior to the event. The team pass list will be located at the North door.