Feb. 7, 2014
Final Score: Iowa 73, Penn State 70
- UI head coach Lisa Bluder is now tied with C. Vivian Stringer as the all-time winningest coach in program history (269 wins).
- The win marks Iowa's first victory over a top-10 foe since defeating No. 10 Michigan State, 66-64, on Jan. 27, 2011.
- The victory also marks the Hawkeyes' first over a top-10 team away from Iowa City since defeating No. 7 Purdue, 75-70, in the 2001 Big Ten Tournament title game (March 4, 2001), and Iowa's first in a true road game since winning at No. 9 Southern California, 50-49, on Dec. 30,1993.
- The wins marks Iowa's first road victory over a ranked opponent since winning at No. 18 Purdue last year, 72-52 (Feb. 14, 2013).
- The victory marks the first for Iowa at Penn State since 2009.
- The Hawkeyes have won four-straight Big Ten road games.
- Samantha Logic finished with her second triple-double of the season, and third of her career (14 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists). The Big Ten assists leader has the most triple-doubles of any player in program history.
- Freshman Ally Disterhoft equaled a career high with 24 points, missing only one shot (8-of-9 field goals, 3-of-3 3-pointers, 5-of-5 free throws).
- Disterhoft has started the last five games (the first starts of her career), and Iowa is 4-1 (3-0 on the road). She leads Iowa in scoring during the stretch, averaging 17.6 points per contest.
- Melissa Dixon (13 points) and Theairra Taylor (10 points) also finished in double figures.