Feb. 11, 2014
Box Score |
- With tonight's victory, UI head coach Lisa Bluder has 270 career wins, surpassing C. Vivian Stringer as the all-time winningest coach in program history.
- Bluder -- one of 13 active Division I coaches with 600 or more wins -- is 270-163 all-time as the Hawkeye head coach. She has 626 career victories.
- Iowa moves to 19-6 overall, and 7-4 in Big Ten play. Iowa is in a stretch where it plays three games in seven days.
- The Hawkeyes have won 7-of-9 overall.
- Iowa leads the Big Ten in overall victories (19).
- Iowa is 11-3 at home this season, and 86-22 in its last 108 games inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- The Hawkeyes have two remaining home games: Thursday vs. Illinois (8 p.m. CT - Big Ten Network); Feb. 27 vs. Ohio State (6 p.m. CT - Big Ten Network).
- Freshman Ally Disterhoft has tallied double-digits in her first six career starts (24 at Ohio State, 15 vs. Indiana, 13 at Minnesota, 12 vs. Nebraska, 24 at Penn State, 11 vs. Nebraska). Iowa is 5-1 when Disterhoft starts. She leads Iowa in scoring during the stretch, averaging 16.5 points per contest.
- Iowa has had three or more players score in double figures in each of the last 24 contests, including four in the win tonight over Northwestern (Melissa Dixon 24, Samantha Logic 20, Theairra Taylor 16, Bethany Doolittle 14, Ally Disterhoft 11).
- Samantha Logic posted her 21st career double-double (20 points, 10 assists), finishing two rebounds shy of her second-straight, and fourth-career, triple-double. She finished 7-of-7 from the foul line.
- Logic has 14 career games with double-digit assists, the most in program history.
- Melissa Dixon (team-high 24 points) finished 6-of-9 from 3-point range, marking the fourth time this season she has connected on six or more 3-pointers (7 vs. UNCW, 7 vs. Syracuse, 6 vs. Idaho State).
- Iowa has scored 90 or more points five times this season.