Dec. 7, 2013
· Iowa moves to 10-1 overall.
· The Hawkeyes have won six-straight games overall, and are 6-0 at home this season.
· Iowa is off to its best start in three seasons, when it started the 2010-11 campaign with a 12-1 record.
· The Hawkeyes have started 10-1 or better three times (including this season) under UI head coach Lisa Bluder (she is in her 14th season at Iowa). Iowa started 13-0 in 2004-05, and 12-1 in 2010-11.
· Iowa set a new school and arena record for 3-pointers in a single game (17). Previous record was 14, last done against Mississippi Valley State on Dec. 22, 2011.
· Iowa has scored 294 total points over its last three games, including 95 or more in each (102 vs. UNC-Wilmington, 97 vs. No. 22 Syracuse)
· Iowa has scored 95 points or more, four times this season.
· Iowa has had three or more players score in double figures in each of the last nine contests, including four in the win today against Idaho State (Dixon 24, Doolittle 17, Taylor 16, Disterhoft 14).
· Iowa -- the Big Ten leader in assists -- tallied 28 assists on 31 made field goals. The Hawkeyes have tallied 28 or more assists in their last three games (30, 28, 28), and 28 or more four times this season. The school record for assists in a game is 31.
· Iowa out-scored Idaho State, 51-18, in the second half, limiting the Bengals to an 11.8 field goal percentage.
· UI head coach Lisa Bluder needs nine wins to surpass Hall of Famer C. Vivian Stringer (269) as Iowa's all-time winningest coach.
· Iowa returns to action Dec. 12 at Iowa State. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. (CT) in Ames, Iowa.
· Junior guard Melissa Dixon finished with six 3-point field goals - one shy of her personal record and the school record (seven - accomplished five times, twice by Dixon)
· Dixon made seven 3-pointers in each of Iowa's last two contests, giving her 20 made 3-pointers over the last three games - the most in a three-game stretch in school history.
· After converting seven 3-pointers total during the first six games of the season (7-of-46), Dixon has made 28 over the last five games (28-of-54).
· Dixon finished with a game-high 24 points, after posting 27 in Iowa's win against No. 22 Syracuse and a career-best 32 in Iowa's win against UNC-Wilmington. She has scored 83 points total over the last three games (27.6/game).
· She has scored 17 points or more during the last five contests (18, 17, 32, 27, 24), for an average of 23.6 points per game.
· Prior to the Cancun Challenge, Dixon was averaging 9.7 points per game. She is now Iowa's leading scorer, averaging 16.0 points per outing.
· Dixon has 148 career 3-pointers, and needs nine to surpass Leah Magner for seventh (156) on Iowa's all-time list.
· Junior center Bethany Doolittle posted 17 points and 10 rebounds, registering her second career double-double.
· She registered three blocks. She is third in the Big Ten in blocks, and ranks sixth in program history with 107 career blocked shots.