All-America Candidate Kachine Alexander Photo Gallery
Kachine Alexander Facts
- Named to Midseason Top 30 List for the Naismith Award, Top 20 Midseason List for the Wooden Award and is on the Wade Trophy Watch List
- First team all-Big Ten selection by both the league coaches and media
- One of six players named to the Big Ten all-Defensive team
- Became first the first Iowa player, and just the fifth in Big Ten history, to record 1,000 career points, 800 career rebounds and 300 career assists
- Her 9.5 rebounds per game are the most for any guard in the country
- 11 rebounds against Ohio State in the Big Ten Tournament
- 27 points, 10 rebounds and four assists in win at Indiana
- 11 rebounds and seven assists in win over Wisconsin
- 22 points and eight rebounds in win at Northwestern
- 17 points, including game-winning layup with five seconds remaining, along with 10 rebounds in win over Minnesota
- 12 points, 17 rebounds and six assists vs. Penn State
- 23 points and 11 rebounds in win over 10th-ranked Michigan State
- 14 points, 10 rebounds and seven steals in win over Indiana
- 16 points and 13 rebounds in win over 20th-ranked Ohio State
- 15 rebounds against Michigan
- 26 points and eight rebounds in win at Drake
- Co-Big Ten Player of the Week (Nov. 22)
- Named MVP of the KCRG-TV9 Hawkeye Challenge
- 20 points and 18 rebounds in win over Central Michigan
- 21 points and 12 rebounds, along with six assists and two steals in win over Northeastern
- 14 points and 10 rebounds in win over Bradley
- Named MVP of the Islander Tip-Off Tournament, hosted by Texas A&M Corpus Christi
- Preseason all-Big Ten selection by both the league coaches and media, including unanimous pick by the coaches
- One of 30 NCAA Division I women's basketball players selected as a candidate for the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award
- Ranked the second-best shooting guard in the country by ESPN.com and Fanhouse.com
- State Farm Coaches and Associated Press honorable mention All-American
- Named to WBCA all-Region 6 team
- First team all-Big Ten and Big Ten all-Defensive team selection
- As a 5-9 guard, Alexander ranks second in the Big Ten and 23rd nationally with 10.4 rebounds per game
- Alexander is one of only two guards in the entire country to average a double-double
- Despite missing seven games with a stress fracture in her right leg, Alexander still recorded 15 double-doubles, which is the third-most for any guard in the country
- One of only three players in the Big Ten to average a double-double, with the other two players being post players (16 points and 10.4 rebounds)
- Averaged more rebounds than nine of the 10 players selected to the Division I State Farm Coaches' All-America Team Averaged the same amount of rebounds (10.4) as Nebraska's Kelsey Griffin
- Alexander had more double-doubles than seven All-Americans, despite playing between 12 and 14 fewer games than most of the honorees
- Averaged 11.1 boards during Big Ten play to claim the Big Ten rebounding crown
- Scored double figures in 22 of 27 games played, including eight 20-plus point performances
- Has 10 or more rebounds in 17 of 25 games played, including 10 games with 12 or more boards
- Two-time Big Ten Player of the Week
- Registered a double-double in first half at Indiana Feb. 11 (14 points and 12 rebounds in first half)
- Her 17 made free throws against Illinois Feb. 14 are the most ever by a player in a Big Ten game
- Netted career-high 27 points in NCAA Tournament second round game vs. No. 1 seed and second-ranked Stanford
What others are saying about Kachine Alexander
"Have you ever tried to guard Kachine Alexander? Dennis Rodman would have a tough time guarding Kachine Alexander."
- Michigan Head coach Kevin Borseth
"She is one of the most tenacious defenders and relentless rebounders in the nation. I think she has a determined will to rebound on every possession. That's what separates her from others. She understands that's one of her strengths and that can help her teammates."
- CBS Sports Analyst Debbie Antonelli
"For Alexander, there won't be any second chance at writing that kind of ending. And that's all the more reason not to take your eyes off arguably the best pound-for-pound player in the nation."
- ESPN.com writer Graham Hays
"She is the best rebounding guard in the country. That is a fact."
- Big Ten Network Analyst Mary Murphy
"She's a monster. She is a great rebounder, hard-nosed and loves contact. She's the heart and soul of the team. Every coach would love to have someone like her."
- Rutgers Head Coach C. Vivian Stringer
"I love Kachine Alexander. I think she has a lot of spunk that can carry that team. She does things that make her teammates play at a higher level. The passion that she plays with, she's just a complete player."
- Michigan State Head Coach Suzy Merchant
"Late in the game, she willed the team to win. She just refused to lose."
- Illinois Head Coach Jolette Law
"You can see the speed of (Kachine) Alexander on display. That's really what she is good at. She can put the ball on the deck and accelerate to another speed. Another velocity almost."
- ESPN Analyst LaChina Robinson