The University of Iowa invites you to participate in the 2013 Head of the Iowa Regatta. The 5,000m race will be held Sunday, October 27 at the P. Sue Beckwith Boathouse.
The Regatta is USRowing sanctioned, and includes events for collegiate men and women.
The packet includes the following information:
- Regatta Information
- Course Description & Procedures
- Coaches Checklist
If you have any questions regarding the materials in this packet, please contact Kendra Wieditz at (319) 335-9259 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Events for this Regatta
|Novice: || Men: 4+, 8+|
| || Women: 4+ 8+|
|Open: || Men: 2-, 4+, 8+|
| || Women: 2-, 4+, 8+
-The Head of the Iowa Regatta uses Regatta Central for registration of entries. Please go to: http://www.regattacentral.com/
for more information.
- Pairs $30.00
- Fours $50.00
- Eights $70.00
- (Note: A $5.00 fee will be charged for bow numbers not returned.)
- Entry Deadline-The deadline to register at http://www.regattacentral.com/ Friday, October 18, 2013.
Note: If you are to enter a race after the deadline your boat will be added at the end of the race. We will be doing a random draw this year on Monday, October 21, 2013. There will be no additions after Noon on October 25, 2013.
- Your line-ups will be due on October 26, 2013.
Schedule of Events
|Start Time|| Schedule of Events|| |
|* 8:30 a.m. || COACHES & COX'S MEETING|| |
|10:00 a.m.|| Women's Varsity 2- || Event #1|
|10:30 a.m. || Men's Varsity 2- || Event #2|
|11:00 a.m. || Women's Novice 8+ || Event #3|
|11:30 a.m. || Men's Novice 8+ || Event #4|
|12:00 p.m. || Women's Varsity 4+ || Event #5|
|12:30 p.m. || Men's Varsity 4+ || Event #6|
|BREAK|| || |
|1:30 p.m. || Women's Novice 4+ || Event #7|
|2:00 p.m. || Men's Novice 4+ || Event #8|
|2:30 p.m. || Women's Varsity 8+ || Event #9|
|3:00 p.m. || Men's Varsity 8+ || Event #10|
*All organizations must have a representative at the 8:30 a.m. meeting.
*Launching and Retrieval docks are located on the beach as well as Coaches and Cox's Meeting
Address & Directions
- The P. Sue Beckwith Boathouse is located on Iowa River in Terrell Mill Park at 1201 North Dubuque Street across from the Mayflower Residence Hall.
- Trailer Parking and boat unloading will be by the Beach Area. Please see maps attached.
- Novice-Any competitor who is in their 1st year of collegiate rowing OR who has been competing for one year or less as of September 1, 2013. This means experienced college freshmen may compete.
- Coxswain-No Restrictions.
- 2013 Rules-USRowing rules of racing will govern all situations unless otherwise specified within. Please refer to the Course Description and Procedures sheet for specific racing rules.