Feb. 19, 2005
MILWAUKEE, WI - The 57th-ranked Iowa women's tennis team dominated Marquette, 7-0, Friday afternoon. The Hawkeyes move to 3-2 overall.
In doubles, the Hawkeyes swept the Golden Eagles. Meg Racette and Hilary Tyler defeated Maria Calbeto and Callan Smith, 8-1, at the No. 1 position. Jacqueline Lee and Hillary Mintz overtook Francina Bonnelly and Elsemieke Dokter, 9-7. At No. 3, Morgan Tuttle and Anastasia Zhukova won against Andrea Bukacek and Erin Watkins, 8-3.
The Hawkeyes continued their strong singles game, allowing no more than three sets to any Marquette player. Mintz and Zhukova won their matches at No. 2 and No. 3, respectively, moving both to a 7-0 spring singles mark, with five dual match victories.
Racette defeated Smith, 6-0, 6-2, at the No. 1 position, while Milica Veselinovic took out Erin Watkins, 6-1, 6-2 at No. 4. Tyler won her match against Bonnelly, 6-1, 6-2. At the No. 6 spot, Lee defeated Bukacek, 6-1, 6-1.
The Hawkeyes will compete tomorrow in Milwaukee against Bowling Green. Competition will begin at noon.
1. #103 Meg Racette (UI) def. Callan Smith (MU), 6-0, 6-2
2. Hillary Mintz (UI) def. Maria Calbeto (MU), 6-0, 6-2
3. Anastasia Zhukova (UI) def. Elsemieke Dokter (MU), 6-0, 6-1
4. Milica Veselinovic (UI) def. Erin Watkins (MU), 6-1, 6-2
5. Hilary Tyler (UI) def. Francina Bonnelly (MU), 6-1, 6-2
6. Jacqueline Lee (UI) def. Andrea Bukacek (MU), 6-1, 6-1
1. Racette/Tyler (UI) def. Calbeto/Smith (MU), 8-1
2. Lee/Mintz (UI) def. Bonnelly/Dokter (MU), 9-7
3. Morgan Tuttle/Zhukova (UI) def. Bukacek/Watkins (MU), 8-3