Feb. 25, 2006
LINCOLN, NE - The No. 47 Iowa women's tennis team defeated Missouri State today, 7-0 in Lincoln. Iowa is now 5-2 this season.
#39 Meg Racette defeated Liz Garza, 6-2, 6-2 at the number one singles position. At the number two singles position, Hillary Mintz defeated Nora Kuruc, 1-6, 6-0, 6-0. Milica Veselinovic defeated Maja Stanojevic, 7-5, 6-2, at the number three singles position, and Jacqueline Lee defeated Monikva Musilova, 6-0, 6-3 at the number four singles position. At the number five position, Kayla Berry defeated Mali Glacovic, 6-2, 7-5, and Krissy Dowlin won by forfeit at the number six singles spot.
In doubles competition, Racette/Lee defeated Garza/Kuruc, 8-2, Mintz/Veselinovic defeated Stanojevic/Musilova, 8-3, and Berry/Dowlin won by forfeit.
Iowa will continue competition in Lincoln tomorrow, facing Nebraska. Competition will begin at 10 a.m.
1. Meg Racette (UI) def. Liz Garza, 6-2, 6-2
2. Hillary Mintz (UI) def. Nora Kuruc (MSU), 1-6, 6-0, 6-0
3. Milica Veselinovic def. Maja Stanojevic (MSU), 7-5, 6-2
4. Jacqueline Lee (UI) def. Monika Musilova (MSU), 6-0, 6-3
5. Kayla Berry (UI) def. Mali Glacovic (MSU), 6-2, 7-5
6. Krissy Dowlin (UI) Wins by Forfeit
1. Meg Racette/ Jacqueline Lee (UI) def. Liz Garza/Nora Kuruc (MSU), 8-2
2. Hillary Mintz/Milica Veselinovic (UI) def. Maja Stanojevic/Monika Musilova (MSU), 8-3
3. Kayla Berry/Krissy Dowlin (UI) Wins by Forfeit